Friday 29 July 2016

18w2d IVIG #6

Today I was told that I would not have anymore IVIG treatments. I was supposed to go to 23 weeks and I'm only at 18 weeks. The doctor said that since I started at 3 weeks instead of at 5 weeks and that the baby is measuring ok, I should be fine. I am very wary about stopping 5 weeks early and with only 6 treatments instead of 7, but they said I could do intralipids (which is egg, soybean, and other things) next time.

Stats
  • BPD is 4.31 cm (19w1d).
  • AC is 13.33 cm (18w7d).
  • FL is 3.13 cm (19w6d).
This appointment
Again, I was told that it was a girl but my husband is still in denial. Intralipids is often done instead of IVIG because it's cheaper. It also has similar results as IVIG, but only in the case where there is no known reason for miscarriages. Since we know that I have high NK cells, IVIG is supposed to be better. This is IVIG #6 and my last treatment. The IVIG is a 5% solution of 300 ml, which is 15 gr of IVIG.

I'm taking fish oil and Wobenyzme N, both of which are supposed to suppress NK cells and some people have said it's a natural alternative to IVIG or intralipids.

Money
  • Today I paid 381,410.
  • Doctor's visit: 32,260. 
  • IVIG #5: 289,150. 
  • Ultrasound 60,000. 
  • Tricare (my insurance) reimbursed me for 33,942. 
  • Out of pocket was 347,468.
More info
For more info, you can see how much this has cost, I also have a summary of dates, as well as my Rx protocol

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.

Read Stay Inside Baby's Privacy Policy and FTC Disclosure.