Friday 15 April 2016

3w2d Positive HPT on Wondfo. 1st betas 11 and IVIG #1

I had positive OPKs on Wondfo on the 4th and the 5th, which were CD12 and CD13. I had been testing every day since Wednesday April 13th since I knew that I got pregnant easily and I needed the IVIG as soon as I got a positive. And I was hoping I'd get it before the weekend since I was working Saturday at Sunday.

I usually get up and pee a few times at night. I took a test around 8am and I had already peed three times that morning. It was negative so I threw it away. Right before I left at 9am I went peed again and took the test out of the trash in hopes that I could hold it to the light and see a line. There it was! Very, very little. But there was a line!

I dropped my daughter off at school and then called the hospital and told them I'd be coming in right away. I brought the test with me and they did a blood test in order to confirm that I was pregnant. I was on CD23 and probably about 10dpo if you keep in mind that you usually ovulate 24-72 hours after a positive OPK. The doctor told me that my betas were only 11 and that was low. For reference less than 5 is pregnant. He told me that I had to get to 50 by Monday. (Some doctors count anything over 25 as pregnant. In theory anything over 5 is pregnant, but it's a possible pregnancy since there could be problems with implantation and you could end up with a chemical pregnancy). To be honest, I was kind of annoyed to hear that I was low. I was on CD23 and most people (who aren't obsessed with TTC) don't even test that early. For those who do, about 33% get a false negatives.

I was told that my thyroid function was normal. 

I asked to do the IVIG. My LMP was March 24th, so I was about 3 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Usually, they do the first IVIG at 5 weeks, but I knew that would be too late for me. They told me how much it would be and I flat out told them I couldn't afford it. The nurse told me that the doctor would charge me what he charged Koreans. I would start at 10 volumes which is 25 gr of IVIG and that is the high dosage for my weight. After the first treatment I would then would get a lower dosage of 6 volumes which is 15 gr until week 23.

The IVIG is an intravenous immunoglobulin transfusion, which is a blood product, but it's clear. It took about 2.5 hours to finish. The IVIG is a 5% solution of 500 ml, which is 25 gr of IVIG. I left home at 9am and got back at 5:30pm. Waiting for the bus and getting to the hospital takes about an hour each way.

When I got home I took another HPT. This time it was the early pregnancy Wondfo and it was negative. I couldn't believe I had done everything only to have miscarried again. A friend told me to wait until morning and take another test. I went to the store and bought FRER and at 4am I took the test and it barely came up positive. I looked at the early pregnancy Wondfo again and there was a very faint line. I guess I had to wait until it dried completely just like the first one that I took and saw the positive an hour later.

I know my betas will be at least 50 and although it's very tempting to take more HPTs and see if the line gets darker, I'm going to hold off until I know numbers. This is my 4th pregnancy in 6 months.

Money
  • Today I paid 543,760.
  • Doctor's visit: 12,410. 
  • IVIG #1: 469,190. 
  • Blood tests for thyroid and HCG: 62,160. 
  • Tricare (my insurance) reimbursed me for 119,316. 
  • Out of pocket was 424,444.
More info
For more info, you can see how much this has cost, I also have a summary of dates, as well as my Rx protocol

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.

Read Stay Inside Baby's Privacy Policy and FTC Disclosure.