Wednesday 6 April 2016

NK cell results

I got my NK (natural killer) cell results today. The norm is 12 and below and I have 14. This means that my body attacks the babies since it views them as invaders. Right now I'm on prednisolone for 5 days. I'm taking 4 tablets of 5mg in the morning and again at night. It's a steroid and is cheaper than the IV, which I'll need later. I'm paying about 13 cents (USD) a pill. In the USA the same pill would be $10 each. That's insane. The US really needs to fix their medical care.

I've been told that they'll do an IVIG, which is intravenous immunoglobulin, which is a blood product, once I get a positive HPT. I just bought 50 Wondfo early pregnancy tests (they're the blue and white ones) off eBay and hopefully they'll be coming soon. Once I get a positive, I need to go immediately to the doctor to get the IV. I know that some hospitals use IL, which is intralipids, which is a fatty IV and has similar results as the IVIG. It's also much cheaper, so I'm hoping we can do that. Some people only need one IV and some need it every 2 weeks throughout their pregnancy.

They did an ultrasound to make sure the lining was ok and it is. 

Money
  • Today I paid 113,260.
  • Doctor's visit: 32,266. 
  • Ultrasound: 75,000. 
  • Prednisolone: 6,360. 
  • Tricare (my insurance) reimbursed me for 107,260. 
  • Out of pocket was 6,000.
I didn't claim the prenisolone because it seemed more trouble than it was worth so I didn't get an English translation of the prescription.

More info
For more info, you can see how much this has cost, I also have a summary of dates, as well as my Rx protocol.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.

Read Stay Inside Baby's Privacy Policy and FTC Disclosure.