Wednesday 30 March 2016

Painless HSG test

I always said that this was the one test I wouldn't do. I've talked to people who have done it and read up about it on the internet. I've heard horror stories about it and despite having been in labor for 53 hours, 18 of which were on pitocin and no pain medicines, I didn't want to do it.

My problem isn't getting pregnant. I've had 3 miscarriages in the past 6 months, so I know my tubes are clear. They still told me I would have to do it.

So I took Motrin and Codine with me to the doctor and took 600 mg of Motrin about an hour before the procedure. They told me not to take Codine. I also told them I was afraid of the pain so they gave me an injection in my butt about 15 minutes beforehand. I don't know what it was and it only cost about 5,000 but it worked great. I barely felt anything.

In the beginning, they said the dye wasn't going through my tubes at all and asked if I had had pelvis surgery. Then they put more dye in and had me turn to my left side and then my right side. Everything was totally clear. I have to take four pills of doxycycline (an antibiotic); 3 today and 1 tomorrow.

I go back in a few days to get the results from the blood test to see about the natural killer cells and also to check ovulation.

Money
  • Today I paid 280,840.
  • Doctor's visit 32,266. 
  • Injection 4,963. 
  • HSG 197,262. 
  • CT 46,350. 
  • Tricare (my insurance) reimbursed me for 193,434.
  • Out of pocket was 87,406.
More info
For more info, you can see how much this has cost, I also have a summary of dates, as well as my Rx protocol

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.

Read Stay Inside Baby's Privacy Policy and FTC Disclosure.